Gordonstoun Association 200 Club
What is the 200 Club?
The Gordonstoun Association 200 Club is a simple draw limited to just 200 numbers. A numbered disc is drawn from a bag and that number is the winner! The owner of the number will receive a cheque and the winning number is returned to the bag prior to the next drawing.
Who can play?
Any Gordonstoun Association member or in special circumstances their spouse or widow can buy a number. There is no limit to how many numbers a member can buy.
How much does it cost?
A number costs £30.00 per year paid by standing order.
How do I enter?
Download, complete and return this GA 200 Club Standing Order form (PDF) to the GA Office. If you have any difficulties completing the form please contact the GA Office for help. The first payment of £30.00 will be taken immediately and then on or about 1st January annually thereafter.
How many drawings are there and what is the prize?
There are twelve draws each year:
- at the London carol service. £500.00 prize.
- at GA Day. £1,000.00 prize.
- and ten other occasions throughout the year each with a prize of £40.00.
How will I know if I've won?
You will be contacted by the GA Office so please ensure that your contact details are correct. Winners will also be announced on the GA web page and the GA Facebook page.
What happens to any money left over after the winners have been paid?
Money raised by the 200 Club will go towards the student support fund.
What are the rules?
1. There are only 200 numbers available (hence the name).
2. Membership is restricted to Gordonstoun Association members and, in some circumstances, their spouse or widows.
3. You may purchase more than one number.
4. If a number is drawn that has no owner the prize is put towards the student support fund
5. All numbers are used for each drawing. In other words, it is possible for a number to win more than once per year.
6. You do not need to be present to win.