Welcome letter from the Principal and Headmaster.
We are looking for a forward thinking, proactive individual with a background in Hospitality. Educated to SVQ level 1 or 2 with relevant catering experience is essential. An elementary food hygiene certificate is also essential. The successful candidate must be flexible in their approach whilst keeping their eye on the main goal of maintaining the Refectory’s high standards, reputation and ensuring customer satisfaction. Experience of working in a similar environment or large scale catering is desirable.
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week, 5 days from 7. Shifts: 7am-3pm or noon-8pm; every other weekend off; regular two week rota
Lunch: half hour unpaid lunch break
Holidays: 35 days paid holiday per year (to be taken during school holidays)
Reports to: Catering Supervisor
- The planning, production and delivery of first class food to pupils, staff, parents and external guests.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the kitchen ensuring that cleaning schedules are maintained and signed off on a weekly basis.
- To ensure that all due diligence records are maintained and all current legislation requirements are implemented.
- The menus should deliver an imaginative and innovative food offer, which ensures that all students and staff can access their daily nutritional intake. Presentation and food content planning are seen as key requirements.
- To regularly check equipment in order to ensure its safe working order.
- To keep accurate daily production and wastage records.
- Ensure the servery staff are fully briefed at each service on the content of dishes.
- Used to consistently producing high quality food on a daily basis.
- Ability to work within a large diverse team.
- Confident when in contact with students, staff and visitors to the Refectory.
The closing date for applications is Friday 1 June 2018.
Back to vacancy listings