Gordonstoun Schools Ltd is deeply committed to its donors and remains dedicated to treating friends and supporters with the highest level of care and respect. The Donor Charter has been produced to assure donors and potential donors of the integrity and accountability of Gordonstoun’s Campaigns.
Our donors have the following rights:
- To be informed of the way we intend to use donated resources and of our commitment to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be kept informed of the impact of their contribution and the School’s evolving needs and priorities.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers or employees of Gordonstoun.
- To be assured that donors’ rights to privacy will be respected and that there will be full compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment, recognition, and publicity for their donation in consultation with the donor, and to respect anonymity if requested.
- To receive progress updates on supported activity.
- Will normally be applied to the purpose for which they were originally intended. Gordonstoun's priorities may change from time to time and, should this happen, alternative uses for restricted donations will be discussed with the donor or the donor’s representative.
- When undesignated, will be used for such purposes as the School judges will best advance its priorities.
- Will be acknowledged promptly.
Gordonstoun Schools Ltd welcomes support from individuals, foundations and organisations and would be delighted to discuss ways in which relationships may be fostered with potential benefactors. If you would like to discuss any aspect of the donor’s charter or other matters concerning development activity at the School, please contact the Development Director