Registration, for which there is no fee, should be completed online.
We accept students from age 13 years upwards. Most enter at Year 9 and at Sixth Form. Some students may enter for short periods.
Each candidate must undergo an assessment.
Entry into Year 9:
The assessment entails:
- an interview;
- a reference from the candidate's present school; and
- an examination.
Prospective students will sit one of these examinations:
- the Gordonstoun Scholarship Examination;
- the Common Entrance Examination for those at preparatory schools; or
- a special exam for those from other school backgrounds.
Entry into the Sixth Form
Approximately 60 students enter Year 12 each year to take two or three A-levels. Assessment involves:
- a Scholarship examination; or
- an interview and a report from the candidate's present school.
To enter Sixth Form, students normally have to obtain at least five grade Cs at GCSE or the equivalent in other examination systems.
We often accept students at any level for short periods, but not normally for less than one term.
If accepted for a place, you will be asked to sign a Contract of Admission which will complete the registration process.