Gordonstoun's Physical Education curriculum is designed to encourage individual development.
To this aim we provide a balance of competitive, co-operative and creative opportunities through a wide range of sporting activities.
The sports programme caters equally for students who:
- wish to take part in recreational activities as part of their personal development programme;
- aspire to be part of an accomplished team at school level; or
- are strongly talented and seek to develop their skills through regional or national representation.
The sports curriculum is extended and complemented by a programme of activities. We have also devised this to challenge everyone from top team players to willing enthusiasts.
Gordonstoun's sporting facilities cater for all major team games.
Our students are particularly fortunate in having the opportunity to play golf against local club teams. There are eight courses within 30 minutes' drive of the School; two are championship links courses.
Students have access to excellent facilities, including:
- George Welsh Sports Centre
- rugby, football and cricket pitches
- full-sized floodlit hockey Astroturf
- indoor climbing wall
- 400-metre running track
- .22 rifle range
- indoor swimming pool
- 4 squash courts
- 5 hole par 3 golf course
- Golf practice green and chipping area
Competing at home and abroad
Gordonstoun teams compete locally with neighbouring schools and against adult clubs.
Our students regularly play teams from Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow and Edinburgh in all sports.
Gordonstoun teams have toured Spain, the West Indies, South Africa and throughout the British Isles.
Our students frequently attain regional and national representative honours in the main team sports.