Gordonstoun School is renowned for its hospitality, providing a wide range of international and national dishes on a daily basis to the Gordonstoun students and staff.
Our talented catering team provides fine dining for events and visits from distinguished and often high- profile guests, alongside preparing nutritious food for adventure experiences, whether that be a trip to the Cairngorms or sailing a yacht to the Arctic. We hold the Healthy Eating plus Award and we are proud of the range of salads and fresh items that are prepared on site each day. We are looking for a qualified Chef to join this dynamic team. We encourage you to apply if you have flair, creativity and a passion for food.
Reports to: Catering Services Manager or Senior Staff member on duty
Purpose of Role: To provide first class support to the Catering Team and first class service to the customers Major Responsibilities
1. Comply with Gordonstoun policies and procedures on Child Protection and Health and Safety
2. Contribute in a a positive way to the ethos of the school in line with Gordonstoun’s values
3. Carry out any other task as required from time to time in order to support the school in line with the remit of your role
Salary and benefits
• A competitive salary is offered depending on skills and experience
• Holiday pay is paid 4 times a year pro rata to the hours worked
• The refectory closes for 35 days a year
• Free Lunch provided (when the refectory is operating)
• Free use of Sports Centre & Swimming Pool on campus (when open)
• Uniform is provided
• Childcare Vouchers
The hours of work will be 37.5 a week with working patterns between 7am up to 8pm (5 days out of 7 on a set rota). This post is all year round with every other weekend off.
Find out more
To apply, please complete the operational staff application form and send to email@example.com. For any other queries, contact the email or call the Recruitment Department at 01343 837837.
The closing date for receipt of application forms is 12:00 on Friday 17 January 2020.